Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chris' first Podcast!

This is my podcast:

This is my first podcast ever! To start off, the assignment was to interview someone in the industry that I am trying to get into. I chose a senior at Ohio University who is in the School of Telecommunications because of his constant involvement in student activities and an internship he did over the summer. While making the podcast, I ran into some problems. The first problem was capturing audio. We chose to record audio in a sound booth because we thought it would sound good, but for some reason the camera we used to record audio messed with the time code of the tape. During capturing, the tape would stop capturing after a few seconds because of these problems. I resolved this problem by using a voice recorder. I used Final Cut Pro to edit the audio because as a video production major that is what I am most used to using. I then exported to GarageBand, a program that I have never really used, and put tracks of sounds and music to make the interview more interesting. While working in GarageBand, I notice that our voices were distorted, this happened because I didn’t know to change the frequency to what CD’s use. Even if I did know to do this before, I may have kept the distortion because I think my voice is kind of girly. To put this podcast on the web our class used Dreamweaver. We went through a bunch of steps that I can’t exactly remember, but it works. Have fun listening!

No comments: